- 2 ½ cups raw unpasteurized almonds (soaked and dehydrated if possible)
- 1 ½ cups raw hemp hearts
- ¼ cup pure No. 3 maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- Place almonds in a food processor. Process for 5-10 minutes until the almonds begin releasing their oils. You will know this has happened when the nut butter stops looking dry and coarse, and begins looking smooth and oily. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add the hemp hearts, maple syrup, and salt. Process again, scraping down the sides as necessary, until the hemp seeds are broken down and distributed well. If you would like a smoother butter, add a little bit of hemp oil with the motor running, until you reach your desired consistency.
- Store the nut butter in a jar and keep in the fridge.