Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- Prep Time:
- 18 mins
- Cook Time:
- 12 mins
- Total Time:
- 30 mins
- LEMON-DIJON SAUCE:
- 2 tbsp. canola oil mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- CRAB CAKES:
- 12 oz. lump crabmeat
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. plain 0% greek yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. old bay seasoning
- 1/2 c. whole wheat panko bread crumbs, divided
- Step 1
To make the lemon-Dijon sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and garlic. Refrigerate.
- Step 2To make the crab cakes: Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Step 3In a large bowl, combine the crabmeat, scallions, pepper, yogurt, egg, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, and 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs.
- Step 4Using your hands, loosely form the crab mixture into 8 patties.
- Step 5Spread the remaining bread crumbs on a plate and roll each crab cake over the crumbs to lightly coat. As the cakes are formed, place them on a nonstick baking sheet coated with canola cooking spray. If the patties are misshaped, use the palm of your hand to press them down into an evenly shaped circle, the size of a small hockey puck. Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown on the outside.
- Step 6Top each crab cake with a heaping teaspoon of sauce.
- Step 1