Look for very sweet oranges for this easy dessert. The amaretti cookies crush best with a rolling pin between two sheets of wax paper.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- 4 serving(s)
- Prep Time:
- 10 mins
- Cook Time:
- 3 mins
- Total Time:
- 13 mins
- 4 large seedless oranges, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 tsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 c. crushed amaretti cookies
- Step 1In a 10″ no-stick skillet over medium-high heat, combine the oranges, butter, brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of the orange juice or liqueur. Cook and stir for 3 minutes, or until the butter and sugar melt and the oranges soften slightly. Add more orange juice or liqueur to taste, if desired.
- Step 2Spoon the oranges onto 4 dessert plates and top with the crushed cookies.