A slight modification of a recipe from Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/3 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 c. Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. hulled hemp seed
- 3/4 c. unbleached white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 c. rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1/2 c. walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and egg, and beat until creamy.
- In a small bowl, combine the hemp seed, flour oats and baking soda. Mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and blend until incorporated. Stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls (I use a small cookie scoop) and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool for a minute or two before removing to a cooling rack.
- Serving Size:Makes approximately 32 cookies