The best—and easiest—brownies you’ll ever make. This recipe belongs in your repertoire.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Scharffen Berger natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8x8x2″ glass baking dish with foil, pressing firmly into pan and leaving a 2″ overhang. Coat foil with nonstick spray; set baking dish aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Let cool slightly. Whisk sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl to combine. Pour butter in a steady stream into dry ingredients, whisking constantly to blend. Whisk in vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating vigorously to blend after each addition. Add flour and stir until just combined (do not overmix). Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake until top begins to crack and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 25-30 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack; let cool completely in pan. Using foil overhang, lift brownie out of pan; transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.